Safeguarding God's Children
Child Protection Program - Preventing Child Sexual Abuse
Become a Certified Adult Volunteer.
Contact the church office to get volunteer forms.
If you are 18 years or older, you must take the ON-LINE Child Safety Training prior to volunteering in any event for our children or youth. There are Adult Volunteer Forms (located in the church office) that is required before the On-Line training.
Youth 12-17 yrs. ALSO need to fill out the YOUTH Volunteer Forms, but you DO NOT take the On-Line Training.
Please visit the church office to get your forms, fill them out and return it to the church office ASAP.
Call the church office for details.
ALL volunteers, need to have Child Safety forms on file at the All Saints church office.
Who is Involved to take the training? All adult volunteers and staff of child and youth programs at All Saints who are 18 years and older are required to be certified.
- Sunday School Teachers and Shepherds
- Confirmation Teachers
- Drivers and Chaperone's of Youth Events
- YO Chaperones and Adult Volunteers
- VBS Volunteers and Staff
- Arts Camp Volunteers and Staff
- Adult Nursery Volunteers
Who is putting on the training? Protect My Ministry provides the On-Line Training and background checks (www.protectmyministry.com).
What is taught on the On-Line Taining? It is comprehensive awareness training on preventing child sexual abuse. Topics include:
- Learn why it is important to learn about child sexual abuse, today more than ever
- Protect the children
- Assure the health and well-being of your organization
- Facts and Myths
- What Can I do?
- Why is it Important!
Why do we have a policy such as this? The All Saints Personnel Committee, by direction of Congregational Council, has developed the Child/Youth policy based on similar programs offered by other churches and peronalized to our own needs. In recognition of the spiritual and public trust given to this faith community, All Saints is committed to being a true sanctuary, both nurturing and protecting its members and visitors. It is our hope that, with this program, ministry leaders and volunteers will all share responsibility for positively affecting the lives of our children and youth.
Questions and concerns can be addressed confidentially to the personnel committee: email@example.com
How do I become "Certified?"
1. Complete the volunteer information forms - available in the church office. The forms include:
- Volunteer Application
- List of References
- Confidential Information form
- Staff and Volunteer Agreement
- Acknowledgement form
- Driver Information form
2. A background check is performed for those 18 yrs and older by our agency, Protect My Ministry. References are checked by the Parish Administrator.
3. Training is done on-line. Contact Shari Clark to get registration links, firstname.lastname@example.org or if you don't have access to a computer to take the on-line training.
Can I volunteer in Children's or Youth Program without going through the training? All volunteers need to be certified for child and youth programs. Any new volunteers will be required to complete the volunteer forms and those 18 yrs and older are required to take the on-line trainng within a perscribed time period. (Recertification is required every 5 years.)
What is the cost to me? There is no cost to the volunteers who go through our program. The agency that does our background checks do so at a nominal charge, which the Congregational Council has approved to pay. Your time is requested, as an investment in our youth.
What if I am certified through another organization? If you are certified through a school system or boys/girls clubs, we respectfully request you still sign our policy forms and take our on-line training. Because of privacy laws other agencies are unable to share your confidential information. To be consistant and thorough, we are required to train our own volunteers and staff.
- SSN Verification & Address History Trace
- National Criminal Database Search
- National Sex Offender Registry Search.
Join us as we learn to keep our children and youth safe to enjoy our many God centered programs.